In the current build of Windows 11, annoyingly it is not as straightforward as it is on Windows 10 to remove the ‘ENG’ text in the bottom right of the taskbar, also known as the language bar or language switcher. However, there is a simple workaround which I can confirm works. Here’s how you do it.
- Open the Settings menu (Windows key + I)
- Go to Time & Language on the left menu
- Open up the Typing section in that menu
- Go to Advanced keyboard settings
- Enable the option ‘Use the desktop language bar when it’s available‘
This will then remove the language bar from the taskbar, however it will now show it at the top of your screen. Here’s how you remove that.
- Within that same menu as before, click Language bar options
- Select the ‘Hidden‘ checkbox and press OK
Voila! The language selector is now gone.