“Helping one person might not change the world, but it could change the world for one person”
I believe that everybody should go out of their way to help other people in whatever way they can. Relatively speaking, our lifespan as individuals is pretty short. Everybody suffers hardships and experiences difficulties, and I think doing what you can to alleviate this or help reduce the stress in some way is one of the greatest and most selfless thing you can do for another human being.
Even doing something that seems minor but gives someone a moment of happiness is amazing. I’ve been appreciative of moments like this throughout my life and try my best to offer the same to others.
As part of my web hosting business, I offer the following:
My inspiration for this is that as part of my hosting, I have unlimited resources that I feel it is my duty to offer up to those that would benefit from them, without putting a dent in their wallet. A lot of people have minimal knowledge of web hosting and may believe it is a complicated and potentially expensive service. Below, I’ll break down each of the packages mentioned above.
Free Web Hosting for YouTubers
I have a lot of respect for anybody who tries to make something of themselves, whether that is starting a construction business or trying to grow a YouTube channel that lets them make videos on something they are passionate about. £10 a month can be quite a bit of money when you are just starting out and have bills to pay and a family to look after.
The aim of offering this package to new YouTubers is to help give them another platform to drive their viewers to, either through links in their videos or business cards or flyers that they hand out. It also allows them to have another platform to express their creativity and advertise anything else they offer, as YouTube itself is quite restricted in comparison to having a full blown website.
I have tried to be reasonable with my criteria and am happy to make exceptions – all you need to do is contact me (either through tony at this website’s URL or via my contact page) and I’ll be happy to discuss it. The criteria is as follows:
- You will need to have an active YouTube channel with at least 100 subscribers and regular videos (at least once every two weeks) – note that if you have, say, 50 subscribers, I will likely offer this to you too
- You must include a link to the Smooth website on your new website (usually in the footer, which is a straightforward process that I’m happy to help with)
- You will need to supply the domain name / purchase it through our website and be responsible for paying the annual renewal fee (a .co.uk domain name is £8.99 per year)
- You will need to continue paying for the hosting after one year, the price of which will be £8.99 per month (or £89.99 if paying annually)
The hosting is free for a year, which if the work is put in to promote the website and videos, should hopefully be enough time to be able to comfortably cover the £8.99 monthly hosting fee. As already mentioned, I am more than happy to make exceptions, so just get in touch.
Free Web Hosting for Charities
Most charities tend to already have a website developed. However, for those charities that do not currently have an online presence, I would like to offer a free hosting package to them. This is a ‘for life’ package (as opposed to the YouTuber one which is free for a year), and it is only the domain name that needs to be paid for (which is a low cost of £8.99 per year). If for some reason the charity is unable to cover this annual fee, I’ll more than likely be happy to pay for it out of my own funds.
- You must be a UK registered charity
- The person contacting us must be a charity director / listed trustee (we must be able to verify that you are officially involved with the charity)
- You must include a link to the Smooth website on the charity’s websit
- You will need to supply the domain name / purchase it through our website and be responsible for paying the annual renewal fee (.uk is only £8.99/year)
If you know somebody who could benefit from either offering, please ask them to get in touch with me via the Smooth.org.uk website or emailing me via tony at this website’s URL. I also have a number of UK domain names for sale if you know somebody who would be interested.