When you create a new appointment in an Outlook calendar and select ‘Invite attendees’, by default if you are using the ‘Teams meeting’ add-in, it will automatically turn the appointment into a Teams meeting. This isn’t always needed, especially when you are hosting meetings in person.
To disable this on a case-by-case basis:
- Create the meeting as normal and invite attendees
- After pressing that button, click the new button that appears in the ribbon at the top labelled “Don’t Host Online”. You may need to click ‘Teams Meeting’ first for this button to appear.
The Teams information will disappear and it will not automatically create a virtual session.
To disable it completely:
- In Outlook, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins
- Press ‘Go’ at the bottom next to ‘COM Add-ins’
- Untick ‘Teams meeting’ add-in and press OK.
The Teams add-in will be disabled and it will no longer automatically create a Teams meeting when you create a new appointment in an Outlook calendar.