Whether you are using an old Android device or a brand new one, there is something you can and should do to make it feel even snappier and responsive. I have found that an old device with these settings changed can feel faster than a new one without it.
- Go to your phone settings and then to ‘About’
- Tap ‘Build number’ until it says ‘You are now a developer’
- Go back into the main settings page and navigate to ‘Developer options’
- Scroll down until you see these three options (they are next to each other)
Window animation scale
Transition animation scale
Animator duration scale
- Change all of these to ‘Animation off’
The changes will take effect immediately and you will instantly be able to see just how much of a difference it makes to the usability of the device. Changing windows and applications feels a lot faster and a lot smoother to use.